Maasra Apartments continues its majestic rise, and is now visible above the protective hoarding. It is exciting to see the pace with which each additional floor is being added.
Many of you have seen the posters about the Development Approval application for the penthouses. Your Disclosure Statements identified a “Stage 2” as outlined in the First New Community Management Statement. In effect, the penthouses will create an 8th floor and all the infrastructure has been designed from the commencement to accommodate these penthouses. In response to the most common queries we can confirm:
- The penthouses will not affect the body corporate levies imposed on each lot/apartment.
- Construction of the penthouses is intended to be completed concurrently with the rest of the building.
- There should be no delay to the handover/settlement dates due to the construction of the penthouses.
- We do not anticipate there to be any excessive noise or other detriment to existing purchasers following settlement.
As with all developments of this nature, settlement will occur progressively as it does take time, even with PEXA, for each transaction to be finalized. There will be a short period for everyone whereby there will be many people moving in concurrently. Some people will wish to install personal items etc. so there will be some banging and drilling as flat pack furniture is assembled and shelves are fitted. This is normal, and to be expected, and we ask that everyone exercise patience over this period as there will be a degree of disturbance to those who have already settled as new people move in.
Although it is now possible to see visual vertical achievements, much of our work still continues unseen in the basement. Below are some highlights of our recent progress
- 1 and Bldg. 2 – second floor pours continue and columns and jump-form, deck, mesh and hydraulics placed
- Building 2 scaffold jumped to third floor
- Basements cleared
- Basement blockwork underway
- Basement lighting largely completed
- Basement hydraulics progressed (fire main already in)
- Infill slab to B1 formed up and poured, whalers removed and retaining walls waterproofed.
- Formwork stripped to all basements and ground floor building 1 retail areas
A second set of hoists are planned for installation during the first week in June, which will aid material movements between floors.
We are keenly aware that as construction progresses, the attention for our owner community becomes more directly focused on the date for practical completion. At this moment, the date for practical completion is now estimated at mid-November. We cannot stress too strongly, how much attention we devote to maintaining the schedule. Whenever we “lose” time for any reason, our Quantity Surveyor reviews the program in coordination with Hindmarsh Construction and we attempt to recoup as much of that time as is possible.
It is our intention to provide this revised practical completion update in the hope that it assists in your planning. However, please note that this is the estimated date only. This date is constantly moving, based on a range of factors including (among others) weather, government and COVID issues, supply chain issues, etc. While the date for practical completion is a key priority for us, ultimately, ensuring the quality of the project and safety onsite are absolutely essential.
Thank you and kind regards,
Karam Group Pty Ltd